Today, CySEC informed the public about it's decision on Tradeo, a social trading network and broker. What factors has the Cypriot regulator taken into consideration in reaching the EUR20,000 Tradeo CySEC fine?
24 April, AtoZ Markets– The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) today announces the decision to impose an administrative fine of EUR20,000 to the CIF UR Trade Fix Limited. The CIF is owns and operates the social Forex trading site Tradeo. Why did CySEC imposed a fine and what has the broker to say? AtoZForex.com investigated the case further.
EUR20,000 Tradeo CySEC Fine
The Cyprus watchdog informs the investors by issuing CySEC board decision regarding the fine of EUR20,000 imposed on UR Trade Fix Ltd. The decision was taken in a CySEC board meeting held on March 13, 2017. However, the company gets the fine for being non-compliant with the Investment Services and Activities and Regulated Markets Law of 2007. Moreover, the company provided the investment services of portfolio management. The Cypriot financial regulator states that the firm provided this service without mentioning in its authorization. Also, below you can review the original announcement about the EUR20,000 Tradeo CySEC Fine.
Also, it offers online social trading platform mainly in Forex and CFD instruments via www.tradeo.com. The CIF provides investment and ancillary services in relation to the above financial instruments. Moreover, the firm leverages social information and sharing to improve the trading activity directly.
Want to trade forex with a regulated broker? Open a live account with AtoZ Markets approved Forex brokers:
Did Tradeo apply for portfolio management authorization?
The Cypriot watchdog has taken the following factors into consideration in reaching CySEC board decision:
- The importance recognised by the legislator to violations of this kind that is reflected by the maximum administrative sanction provided for violations of the law, i.e. EUR 350,000.
- The gravity attributed to the need to make sure that the entities subject to the supervision of the CySEC remain fully compliant with the provisions of the Law and the relevant directives.
- The seriousness of holding a Cyprus Investment Firm (CIF) authorization for providing investment services.
- The importance attributed to the fact that CIFs must act within the limits of their authorization that safeguards their clients’ interests and widely contributes to the strengthening of investor confidence in the financial markets.
- As justifying factors that:i. The Firm has applied for obtaining an authorization for portfolio management.ii. The Firm has not committed a similar violation in the past.
Regarding CySEC Board Decision as of 24 April 2017, the spokesperson of Tradeo.com commented:
"Tradeo (UR Trade Fix Ltd) has applied for obtaining an authorization for portfolio management 8 months ago (15.8.16), and we now expect to receive the extension within the upcoming weeks. We look forward for continued fruitful cooperation with CySEC in the future."
Should you trade Forex on your own at all?
Before you start trading Forex, you'll want to read this.
Our in-house trading expert Dr Yury Safronau, PhD in Economic Sciences, gives you daily his best forex, metals, and cryptocurrencies to buy and sell signals right now.
His trading strategies which are based on non-linear dynamic models have achieved more than 65 000 pips of profits since 2015. And right now there are some very strong buy and sell signals across several markets you don't want to miss.
Want to see which ones?