In this guide, we will find out which are the best stock broker in India to buy shares, through safe and professional investment platforms.
How to choose the best stock platforms in India to buy shares? We need to evaluate some important features, here are the main ones:
- Security: we must always move towards regulated platforms capable of offering high levels of protection. The main criteria to be considered are the CySEC license or the authorization to operate by the FCA. If one of these two permissions is present, it means that the stock broker is safe.
- Tradable Assets: We suggest that you only consider brokers who offer the widest range of tradable stocks available, so that you can build a diversified and well-balanced investment portfolio.
- Dividend: It will be useful to consider stock brokers that will allow us to receive the dividend directly into our investment account. A service much appreciated by traders from all over the world.
- Demo account: a crucial aspect of investing in stocks successfully, is practice with virtual money. Only in this way will we learn to trade on the stock exchange or optimize the perfect equity portfolio for our needs.
An initial suggestion? We can buy shares with Capital.com and benefit from all the advantages described above: this broker is considered one of the best ever for trading on the stock market.
Top Stock Brokers in India 2022
Types of stock platforms
How many types of stock brokers are there? We can divide these platforms into two types:
- DMA: allow you to buy the share of our interest, allowing us to become shareholders of the company. As a Direct Market Access broker, they charge a fixed commission for each trade executed. We must opt for this solution if we want to invest long-term or if we want to benefit from the dividends paid by a company.
- Market Maker: offer the possibility to invest in shares with financial derivative contracts. This is a very attractive option as it allows us to sell short and make a potential profit even if the share price falls. This is possible through the use of CFD contracts. In this case, we are going to speculate on the share price, without buying it directly.
What is the best stock broker in India?
What are the best stock platforms in India? Here are the most used in India, ideal for investing safely in the stock markets around the world:
Capital.com is a broker that, since 2017, has been offering its platform to users all over the world, proving that it has all the credentials to establish itself among the most reliable trading brokers of recent times.
Capital.com offers over 3,000 stocks and 23 stock market indices within its platform. The choice of companies to bet on is divided by the broker on the basis of:
- Country of origin: this means that you will have access to international stocks, including the best performing of the Eastern markets;
- Sector: from energy to communication services, you will be able to trade on shares belonging to sectors that are predisposed to constant growth in the future.
The moment you want to buy stocks with Capital.com, you will have real-time updated quotes of the stocks at your disposal. In addition, you can check which are the most traded by traders, or the most volatile of the day.
Although they may seem like superfluous information, in truth they are advanced functions that allow you to monitor the market and adopt the most suitable tactics at the moment.
To trade with Capital.com, it is important that you know that you will have the choice between different platforms. This is an advantage that should not be underestimated: each available platform responds to the needs and operational capabilities of the individual trader, so that each one operates according to the starting level possessed.
More specifically, Capital.com allows you to trade with:
- Web platform;
- Metatrader4 platform;
- Trading app.
Whichever solution you choose will consist of different functions and tools. Capital.com is one of the best choices we have available today for trading stock markets around the world.
Founded in 2011, OctaFX, which is legally represented by "Octa Markets Incorporated" is registered in Saint Vincent and Grenadines with business license number 19776 IBC 2011. However, the operations center of OctaFX is located in Jakarta, Indonesia. So their main market is Asia and they serve over 100 companies around the world.
The OctaFX trading platform offers access to stock index trading through CFDs, which offer the opportunity to gain from price fluctuations on the most popular indices in minutes, rather than years. If you CFD is your comfort zone, read Best CFD Brokers in India 2022.
OctaFX offers CFDs on 10 of the most popular indices, including Dow Jones, NASDAQ, Nikkei, and EuroStoxx. OctaFX has this index tradable on both MT4 and MT5 platforms.
MT4 is very suitable for traders who have just started online trading, as well as for more experienced traders who are looking for platform with simple operation and diversified configuration. With MT4 you will receive:
- Simple and clear navigation interface
- Built-in advisor and shop custom indicators
- Interactive customizable diagrams
- Reliable virtual private server
- Trading CFDs
- Stock trading
MT5 combines a simple interface old version with some new features that cover technical and fundamental investor needs: extensive graph charts, indicators and graphics for deeper technical analysis. With MT5 you will get:
- Stop limit order
- Built-in forex calendar.
- Advanced trading tools in one click
- Customizable interface
- EA Integrated Development Environment
- Trading CFDs
- Stock trading
We also included OctaFX in this list because it offers protection against negative balances, in addition to keeping operators' funds separate from own funds. It also practices international standards to prevent money laundering and improve data handling. In terms of reliability, it is a company that aims to position itself with a good reputation.
Here are some Alternative Brokers you may want to try
FP Markets is a paradise for Indians who want to trade stocks. Active since 2005, FP Markets is considered one of the top brokers for trading stocks.
This broker offers more than 10,000 stocks to speculate on (CFD) or invest in real mode (DMA). It includes shares belonging to the so-called " blue chips ", such as Amazon or Apple, but also those from global markets such as Amsterdam, Hong Kong, and Frankfurt.
Also good is the possibility of trading on indices. The assortment of indices offered by FP Markets is among the best on the market.
FP Markets offers the 19 major indices, such as the NASDAQ, AUS200, Dow Jones 30, Euronexxt, as well as S&P 100 and 500. You can also choose to trade the FTSE 100, CAC 40, and DAX 30. With these offers, you can diversify your investments by aiming for a basket of stocks that is performing and that meets your needs.
Of course, you will be able to trade 60+ FX pairs, with all the minors and majors being selected for our investments. If you also love Forex trading, read our Best Forex Brokers in India 2022 article
FP Markets is a broker with a dual-platform: MetaTrader for those who want to invest with a classic pricing system with spread and IRESS Platform, for those who want prices in DMA and pay a fixed + variable commission for each transaction via this broker.
It is one of the few that does not have a proprietary web platform available - but has been replaced by the possibility of using the famous MetaTrader in its browser version. Broker is much appreciated by its customers and also in this case with an excellent level of commissions to pay, much lower than the average.
XM has been present in the sector since 2009 and has never stopped growing and implementing the resources to offer to its customers. To date, XM boasts of having over 3,500,000 active traders and operating in 196 countries.
The XM broker offers you the ability to trade on many markets, including Forex, Commodities, Stock Indices, Precious Metals, and Energy Products.
Also Read: Best Social Investing in India 2022
Trading on Forex with the XM broker means having more than 55 currency pairs available, the major and the exotic. Leverage in the Forex market is up to 30: 1 with a low Spread.
The XM stock market is very large, you can trade CFDs on US, Canadian stocks and many more.
The commodities on the XM broker are many, from sugar to oil and you can use CFDs.
In addition to these markets, you can trade on major stock indices, such as the following:
- S&P 500;
- Nikkei 225;
- CAC 40.
There are many advantages that you can find by trading on Indices, by registering with the XM broker you will have direct access to world markets, and speculation with CFDs both up and down, at no additional cost.
The Precious Metals section of XM offers you leverage of up to 30: 1, no additional costs, and no re-quotes trading.
Exness is one of the most trusted Forex broker that was founded in 2008. This international broker is widely trusted by traders to trade quality products on Forex hedges and CFDs on metals, energies, cryptocurrencies, indices, and stocks.
Exness has 2 trading platforms namely MT4 and MT5 for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS systems, as well as Exness Web Terminal. You can also open a demo account to learn to trade. But if you feel proficient and want to open a real account, you must prepare a minimum deposit of $10.
Top Stock Brokers in India 2022
In this guide on AtoZ Markets, we have seen the best stock broker in India, analyzing their functionality and features.
Now all that remains is to choose the platform that best suits our needs and follow these steps to get started in the best possible way:
- Choose how much money to invest: as we have seen, just $50 is enough to activate the account.
- Evaluate the trading method: in this case, it will be advisable to choose between Real Stock and CFD trading
- Practice on a demo account: a crucial aspect to familiarize yourself with the platform and practice the world of stocks.
Next Read: Best Crypto Exchanges in India 2022