You can now download the TD Sequential Ultimate indicator for free on AtoZ Markets indicators gallery.
TD Sequential Ultimate MetaTrader indicator shows all parts of the TD Sequential method developed by the legendary technical analyst, Tom DeMark. TD Sequential Ultimate displays Buy and Sell Setups, including the Setup Perfection arrows, Buy and Sell Countdowns, including the failed count 13 attempts, and TDST Support and Resistance levels. Unlike many other implementations of the TD Sequential method, this indicator offers multiple improvements:
- Recalculates only those candles that require recalculation, which makes it work faster, especially on lower timeframes.
- The distance from candlestick highs and lows to count values is recalculated using pixel-to-price ratios depending on the chart scale and font size, ensuring consistent non-overlapping indicator output across all kinds of trading instruments.
- Everything is calculated according to the original TD Sequential rules. For example, Countdown candles can be non-consequential, while Setup Perfection can come any number of candles after Count 9 is printed.
- All output is available as indicator buffers for easy integration into other indicators or expert advisors via
- Alerts on multiple conditions and via multiple media are built into the indicator.
This indicator is available for MetaTrader version 4 and 5 and doesn’t use any other indicators in its code.
What is TD Sequential?
TD Sequential is a system developed by Tom DeMark to provide quantitative measure of a budding reversal in a trend. It is based on three main concepts: Buy/Sell Setup, which signals at least a partial trend exhaustion, Buy/Sell Setup Perfection, which signals a high likelihood of trend at least stagnating, and Buy/Sell Countdown, which provides an indication that the initial trend’s momentum is drained.
TD Sequential Ultimate indicator adds another technique of Tom DeMark’s authorship to the mix — TDST Support/Resistance levels. They are based on the Buy/Sell Setup candles and provide, unsurprisingly, powerful levels of support and resistance. Those can be used alone or in combination with the rest of the TD Sequential system.
- MaxBars (default = 1000) — how many bars to calculate TD Sequential for. Zero value means that the indicator will calculate its counts for all available bars. The higher the number the slower the indicator will work.
- BuySetupColor (default = clrLime) — color of the Buy Setup counts and Perfection arrows.
- SellSetupColor (default = clrRed) — color of the Sell Setup counts and Perfection arrows.
- CountdownColor (default = clrOrange) — color of the Countdown values.
- FontFace (default = “Verdana”) — font face to use for counts.
- FontSize (default = 12) — font size to use for counts.
- ArrowWidth (default = 2) — arrow size for Setup Perfection.
- PixelDistance (default = 3) — vertical distance between count objects in pixels.
- Prefix (default = “TDS_”) — text prefix for naming chart objects.
- AlertOnSetup (default = false) — trigger alert when Buy/Sell Setup is finished (count #9 is printed).
- AlertOnPerfecting (default = false) — trigger alert when Buy/Sell Setup is perfected (an arrow appears).
- AlertOnCount13 (default = false) — trigger alert when Countdown candle #13 appears.
- AlertOnSupportResistance (default = false) — trigger alert when a candle closes above resistance or below support.
- AlertNative (default = false) — if true, then a native popup alert will be issued each time an alert event occurs.
- AlertEmail (default = false) — if true, alerts will be sent via email. Email should be properly configured in MetaTrader via Tools->Options->Email.
- AlertNotification (default = false) — if true, alerts will be sent via push-notifications to your mobile device. You need to set up MetaQuotes ID in MetaTrader via Tools->Options->Notifications for this to work properly.
How to trade with TD Sequential Ultimate
There are multiple ways to trade based on TD Sequential technique. The main point is that the whole framework was developed by Tom DeMark to find potential reversals in trends. For example, the Countdown mark 13 is believed to coincide often with the trend’s top or bottom. Another method to work with TD Sequential is to buy/sell following a perfected Setup that was close to a support/resistance, but none of the candles closed below/above that support/resistance.
My own observations of the indicator on Forex pairs suggest that support and resistance levels printed by TD Sequential offer quite good levels for entering and exiting trades. Closing below a support or above a resistance line can be used to go short or long, respectively.
However, this indicator system doesn’t seem to be providing any sustainable edge without applying confirmations from additional technical indicators or fundamental signals.
How to download and install an indicator
In order to install the indicator on your MT4 or MT5 platform, you need to follow these steps:
- Click on the “Download Indicator” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Extract and move the files into the MT5>Indicator folder of the MetaTrader4 software file directory.
- Restart your Metatrader platform.
- Navigate to “Indicators.”
- And select the “TD Sequential Ultimate” template to apply it on the chart.
Note: This indicator was developed by a third party. AtoZ Markets does not carry any copyrights over this trading tool.