You can now download the Gann Wildhog Divergence Forex Trading Strategy for free on AtoZ Markets indicators gallery.
Trading divergences is probably one of the most underrated ways of trading the markets. Often you would see breakout strategies, trading off bounces of supports and resistances, momentum strategies, etc., but it is not every day that you would hear traders talk about divergences. However, there have been many traders who have had success running a trading system that is centered on divergences.
Wildhog NRP Divergence
Gann HiLo activator bars
Timeframe: 15-minute, 1-hour and 4-hour charts
Currency Pair: any
Trading Session: any
How to trade with Gann Wildhog Divergence Forex Trading Strategy
This FX trading strategy is based on the concept of hidden divergences using a custom indicator that conveniently shows divergences. Wildhog NRP Divergence indicator is an oscillating custom indicator that prints divergences both on the oscillating indicator’s window and on the price chart itself. This indicator also prints arrows pointing the direction of the trade on the indicator’s window.
It prints both regular and hidden divergences, with regular divergences being printed as solid lines and hidden divergences as broken lines.
However, we will not take all the divergences that present itself. To further filter our trades, we will be using the Gann HiLo activator bars custom indicator. This indicator shows the short-term trend based on the color of the bars printed on the price chart. We will only be taking hidden divergences which agrees with the short-term trend as indicated by the Gann HiLo activator bars.
This would mean that the short-trend is still going the same direction and we are taking a hidden divergence trade as a trend continuation trade.
We will exit the trade as soon as an opposing divergence is printed, whether it is hidden or regular.
As the Gann HiLo activator bars indicator being printed over the regular candlestick bars, we will be having two templates, one with the candlesticks and another with Gann Hilo activator bars.
Buy (Long) Setup Rules
- The Wildhog NRP Divergence indicator should be showing a hidden bullish divergence indicated by sky blue broken lines below the price and below the line of the oscillating indicator, and a green arrow pointing up
- The Gann HiLo activator bars should print green bars indicating that it is bullish
- On the confluence of the above rules, place a buy order at the close of the candle
- Set the stop loss slightly below the entry candle
- Close the trade if a bearish divergence occurs indicated by a deep pink line on the price chart and oscillating indicator, and a magenta arrow pointing down.
Sell (Short) Setup Rules
- The Wildhog NRP Divergence indicator should be showing a hidden bearish divergence indicated by pink broken lines above the price and above the line of the oscillating indicator, and a magenta arrow pointing down
- The Gann HiLo activator bars should print red bars indicating that it is bearish
- On the confluence of the above rules, place a sell order at the close of the candle
- Set the stop loss slightly above the entry candle
- Close the trade if a bullish divergence occurs indicated by a sky blue line on the price chart and oscillating indicator, and a green arrow pointing up.
How to download and install an indicator
In order to install the indicator on your MT5 platform, you need to follow these steps:
- Click on the “Download Indicator” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Extract and move the files into the MT5>Indicator folder of the MetaTrader5 software file directory.
- Restart your Metatrader platform.
- Navigate to “Indicators.”
- And select the “Gann Wildhog Divergence Forex Trading Strategy” template to apply it on the chart.
Note: This indicator was developed by Jack. AtoZ Markets does not carry any copyrights over this trading tool.