Var Mov Avg MetaTrader indicator uses its own formula to calculate the moving average with a complex noise filter to produce more accurate signals. The indicator displays dotted line in the main chart window exactly over the price curve. The changing colors of the dots signal trend changes. The indicator can signal sound alerts on trend changes; you can turn them on and off. The indicator is available for both MT4 and MT5.
- periodAMA (default = 50) — period of the main custom moving average. Unlike with other MAs, the higher is this number the less smooth the line is.
- nfast (default = 15) — first noise filter parameter. Higher values make indicator less sensitive to spikes.
- nslow (default = 10) — second noise filter parameter. Higher values make indicator less sensitive to spikes.
- G (default = 1.0) — the power of filtered part in the moving average. Another way to make the signal line smoother.
- dK (default = 0.1) — doesn't really influence anything much.
- UseSound (default = true) — if true then sound alerts will be used.
- SoundFile (default = "expert.wav") — name of the sound file for alerts.
How to trade with Var Mov Avg indicator
When the dots are red, the price is in the downtrend. When the dots are green, the price is in the uptrend. Buy when red changes to green and sell when green changes to red. Use moderate stop-loss to protect yourself from the false signals.
Want to trade Forex using Var Mov Avg indicator with a reliable broker? Open an account with AtoZ Markets approved forex brokers:
How to download and install an indicator
In order to install the indicator on your MT4 or MT5 platform, you need to follow these steps:
- Click on the “Download Indicator” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Extract and move the files into the MT5>Indicator folder of the MetaTrader4 software file directory.
- Restart your Metatrader platform.
- Navigate to “Indicators.”
- And select the "Var Mov Avg" indicator template to apply it on the chart.
Note: This indicator was developed by a third party. AtoZ Markets does not carry any copyrights over this trading tool.
Should you trade Forex using Var Mov Avg indicator on your own at all?
Before you start trading with this Indicator, you'll want to read this.
Our in-house trading expert Dr Yury Safronau, PhD in Economic Sciences, gives you daily his best forex, metals, and cryptocurrencies to buy and sell signals right now.
His trading strategies which are based on non-linear dynamic models have achieved more than 65 000 pips of profits since 2015. And right now there are some very strong buy and sell signals across several markets you don't want to miss.
Want to see which ones?