The template uses price action, moving average, and MACD histogram to predict the price movement of the currency pair. It is important to note that this strategy should be used in the timeframe above H4.
How to trade with Kiss Forex Trading Strategy?
Traders should consider the following points for chart setup before using the strategy in the MT4 trading system.
- Use the 4-hour chart, which is more reliable trading the higher timeframe, while still giving a few good setups each week.
- Plot a 20 LWMA in any color of your choice.
- Use a MACD indicator with a histogram with standard settings and double them i.e MACD(24,52,18).
1. Follow the current market trend. Higher highs and lower lows are indicative of an uptrend, while lower lows and higher highs indicate a downtrend. The best setup is one that matches the overall trend of the pair. Price action can be used to look at simple candle patterns such as engulfing and pinbar patterns. This occurs at the prior support and resistance areas. Finally, you can draw in some trendlines and/or channels.
2. When you have a price action setup, the 20 moving average works best. The moving average is moving in the same direction as the price action setup (up for longs and down for shorts).
3. Your MA and PA should align the MACD histogram and move in the same direction. This will allow you to see the momentum and follow the guidelines. The best setups have the histogram on the right side of the zero line (above and below the zero lines respectively for longs and shorts).
How to download and install an indicator?
In order to install the indicator on your MT4 platform, you need to follow these steps:
- Click on “Download Indicator” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Extract and move the files into MT4>Indicator folder of the MetaTrader4 software file directory.
- Restart your Metatrader platform.
- Navigate to “Indicators.”
- And select “Kiss Forex Trading Strategy” template to apply it on the chart.
Note: This indicator was developed by Tim Morris. AtoZ Markets does not carry any copyrights over this trading tool.
This article was updated by Samson Ononeme on August 12, 2020, and originally created on April 29, 2019.