The Pivot Point set contains two indicators: Daily Shifting PP and MWD Pivot Points.
Daily Shifting Pivot Point
The indicator plots horizontal pivot point and levels for R3, R2, R1, Pivot, S1, S2, S3, shifting the levels each day.
The calculation is based on the time the server operates, thus “ShiftHrs” input is needed. For example, if the server is on New York time (GMT-5) and you want pivot points in London time (GMT), then “ShiftHrs” is set to +5.
Daily Shifting Pivot Point indicator can be applied to any chart and period. Moreover, labels are shown for the latest day and customization of level colors is possible.
The formulas for the level calculations are:
Daily Shifting PP indicator preview
- Pivot = (High + Low + Close) / 3
- Range = High – Low;
- Resistance 1 = 2 * Pivot – Low;
- Resistance 2 = Pivot + Range;
- Resistance 3 = Resistance1 + Range;
- Support 1 = 2 * Pivot – High;
- Support 2 = Pivot – Range;
- Support 3 = Support1 – Range.
MWD Pivot Points
The indicator draws monthly, weekly and daily pivot levels without the resistance/support levels.
Daily pivot level is updated every day, while the weekly and the monthly pivot points are updated at the closing of the weekly and monthly candles respectively.
MWD Pivot Points indicator preview
How to install your indicator on MT4:
1. Click on Download button above;
2. Save the "Pivot Point set" .rar file;
3. Extract the two .ex4 file into the following folder : meta traderexpertsindicators;
your Metatrader platform;
5. Click “Indicators” button in Metatrader toolbar;
6. Select “Custom”;
7. Search and select the custom Indicator in “Custom” list;
8. Adjust settings or press OK to add the indicator to your selected chart.
To be able to calculate other types of pivot points please refer to AtoZ Forex Pivot Point Calculator
Note: Indicators provided on AtoZForex.com are sent by the users and AtoZForex.com does not hold any copyrights over these indicators.
Do you have a reliable indicator or EA? Would you like to share it with our users?