13th September, AtoZForex – The German ZEW Economic Sentiment came in flat, as the index remained unchanged at 0.5. Alongside, the Current Conditions came in at 55.1, indicating that both readings are below expectations. This means that the German businesses are not optimistic.
German ZEW Economic Sentiment remains flat
– The German ZEW economic sentiment remains flat at 0.5
– Analysts forecasted the German ZEW economic sentiment to rise from 0.5 to 2.8
– The European ZEW Economic Sentiment rose from 4.6 to 5,4 points
– Also falling below the expectations of a rise to 6.7 points
– Employment in Euro area is up 0.4% quater-over-quarter in Q2, while for year-over-year the employment is at 1.4%
See also: UK CPI remained unchanged
After the news release, the major pair EURUSD did not get influenced by the data, as was unmoved. At the same time of the German ZEW Economic Sentiment release, the ECB President Mario Draghi started his speech in Trento, Italy.
Think we missed something? Let us know in the comments section below.