During the upcoming trading week, global inflation data and Gross Domestic Product is heavily in focus as we see the release of Consumer Price Index figures from the German, United Kingdom and US economy. What more can we expect this week's market moving events?
November 12, HotForex – Important events are coming out this week, with two GDP and three inflation releases. Wednesday is the day when the most important data releases will be out.
13-16 November: Market Moving Events
This week we also see an important interest rate decision from the Indonesian central bank and Retail Sales data from Chinese, UK and the United States economy. The Australian economy will also release key monthly Jobs, Unemployment and Employment data.
Tuesday – 13 November 2018
- Average Earnings and Unemployment (UK, GMT 09:30) – UK Earnings are expected to have increased by 3% in September, compared to 2.7% in August, in reflection of the slight improvement in the UK economy. UK unemployment is expected to have remained at 4% in September.
- Gross Domestic Product (JPY, GMT 23:30) – Growth in Japan is expected to have decreased by 1% in the third quarter, reflecting weaker than expected household spending.
Wednesday – 14 November 2018
- Consumer Price Index (GBP, 09:30) – UK inflation is expected to have increased by 2.5% y/y in October, edging higher than the 2.4% observed in September.
- EcoFin Meeting (EUR, Full Post) – European Finance Ministers are to convene on a variety of topics, ranging from Brexit to Italy.
- Gross Domestic Product (EUR, GMT 10:00) – Euro Area real GDP for Q3 is expected to come out at 1.7%, the same levels as the previous quarter, reflecting the stability of the European economy.
- Consumer Price Index (USD, 13:30) – The US CPI excluding Energy&Food for October is expected to have come out higher than last month, at 2.4%, reflecting the continuous growth of the US economy.
Thursday – 15 November 2018
- Employment Data (AUD, GMT 00:30) – Australian labour market data are expected to deteriorate slightly, with the unemployment rate expected to increase to 5.1%, compared to 5% last month and employment to change only slightly.
- Retail Sales (USD, GMT 13:30) – In accordance with the positive NFP surprise observed last month, retail sales are also expected to have increased by 0.5%, compared to -0.1% last month.
Friday – 16 November 2018
- Consumer Price Index (EUR, GMT 10:00) – Similar to the GDP expectations, the Euro Area CPI is expected to have remained at the same levels as last month, at 2.2% y/y.
- Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization (USD, GMT 14:15) – Industrial Production is expected to have increased by 0.2% in October, while Capacity Utilization is expected to have remained at the same levels as October, at 78.1%.
This article was provided by HotForex. The provided article is a general marketing communication for information purposes only. It does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains an investment advice or an investment recommendation. It also does not contain a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument.
All information provided gathered from reputable sources. Any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication.