5 August, AtoZ Markets – Earlier today, taking the bullish market on the horn, Coinbase gave extra bullish assistance to 8 cryptocurrencies by saying: “We are continuing to explore the addition of new assets for customers around the world.”
The official Coinbase blog continued that these eight coins are being explored at the moment by the exchange:
As part of the exploratory process, the company announced that customers may see public-facing APIs and other signs that we are conducting engineering work to potentially support these assets.
Want to trade Cryptocurrencies with a reliable exchange, open an account with AtoZ Markets approved crypto exchanges:
Which crypto assets are traded in Coinbase?
At the moment traders can trade some of the top-rated crypto assets on Coinbase exchange including:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCHABC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- LiteCoin (LTC)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Ripple (XRP)
- And a few other coins
Although, it is not guaranteed that CoinBase will be listing these new tokens, the probability is on the higher end. As per the company announcement, CoinBase aims to list 90% of the available coins and tokens in the close future.
Does CoinBase charge listing fee?
The selection process is according to vetting of each crypto asset based on in-house criteria. At the moment we cannot comment whether or not CoinBase charges any new token listing fee yet as they announced that initially there won’t be any listing fee.
If you would like to list your token in CoinBase you can consider filling the listing form in.
CoinBase listing requirements
The following are CoinBase new token listing criteria focus points:
- Security & Code
- Founders & Leadership
- Engineering team assessment
- Business & Operations
- Legal & Compliance | Regulation
- The Asset should not be a security according to the Coinbase Securities Law Framework
- Reputation impact on Coinbase
- Market Supply
- Liquidity | How liquid is your asset with other exchanges
- Asset Velocity
- Circulation | Is the total supply capped?
- Global Distribution
- How many other exchanges is your token listed with?
- Is your asset limited to small or single geography?
- What is the trading volume for your asset in the secondary market at the moment?
- Market Demand
- Is there a significant Consumer Demand for your product/Asset?
- Code repositories and contributions / do you have consistent progress on your code?
- Is your crypto community growing?
- Your current number of transactions
- Do you have growing or consistent nodes?
- Token Economy - Tokenomics
- Is your asset a service, work or a hybrid token?
- Do you have any assets backing your token? If yes, don’t waste your time applying!
- Token utility – Do you have a proper utility element on your token except utility to fundraise?
- Deflationary/ Inflationary or consistent supply token
- Token sale structure – If you have raised funds via an ICO or IEO
- Security audit of your protocols
- Did you have individual purchase caps?
- How many tokens does the team have?
- Does the team have any vesting period on team tokens?
- Does the team participate in community engagement?
Will CoinBase offer Waves trading for US traders?
The company announced that after compliance check and local approvals they would be listing each asset in the relevant jurisdiction.
For the time being, traders need to watch to see when Coinbase adds Waves, Ontology or any other new assets’ trading.
Should you trade cryptocurrencies on your own at all?
Before you start trading cryptocurrencies, you'll want to read this.
Our in-house trading expert Dr Yury Safronau, PhD in Economic Sciences, gives you daily his best forex, metals, and cryptocurrencies to buy and sell signals right now.
His trading strategies which are based on non-linear dynamic models have achieved more than 65 000 pips of profits since 2015. And right now there are some very strong buy and sell signals across several markets you don't want to miss.
Want to see which ones?